Birthright Baby Pig Milk Replacer
Birthright Bay Pig Milk Replacer is a unique blend of digestible and essential nutrients for young pigs.
The formulation is licenced from the USA where it is a dominant product for production of healthy piglets raised on milk replacers.
Many research trials have confirmed the superiority of Birthright Baby Pig Milk Replacers.
In combination with the Birthright Decks it provides a powerful tool for all pig producers.
So why is Birthright milk so good compared with the standard whey based milk replacers?
- Pigs do not like to drink whey based milk replacers.
- It usually takes 5 to 6 days to get pigs started on whey based milk replacers.
- Pigs will readily consume Birthright.
- It is important to get pigs started on milk replacer as soon as possible because 60% of all baby pig mortality occurs in the first 3-4 days after birth.
- Some pigs thrive on whey based milk replacers, other do not.
- There is more variation in the pigs on whey based milk replacers at weaning.
- Pigs on whey based milk replacers do not put on as much gain for each pound of milk powder consumed.
- The feed efficiency on whey based milk replacers is sometimes above 1.2.
- The feed efficiency on Birthright is 1.0.
- Feed efficiency is one of the most important figures to monitor when evaluating baby pig milk replacers.
- Pigs on whey based milk replacers are more prone to scour because they do not clot.
- A producer may get by six or seven farrowings with no scour problems, but one day he is going to scour the entire farrowing room. He will wish he were feeding Birthright Milk because it clots, which minimizes scours.