The fly control agent which is applied by the birds themselves!
- Larvadex® is given as a feed additive and is deposited in the dung of birds.
- This method of application means Larvadex® is always present in the most effective concentrations.
- Where there is more dung, so there is more Larvadex®.
- Larvadex® contains cyromazine, an insect growth regulator which attacks the larval stage of fly development. No cross-resistance!
- Cyromazine belongs to a chemical group that is not linked to any currently available residual or “adult knockdown” fly control product. It therefore controls multi-resistant flies and is not affected by cross-resistance.
Mode of action
- Cyromazine is a larvicide. It prevents the normal development of larvae into pupae.
- It has no direct effect against adult flies.
Use with adulticides
- Larvadex® should therefore be used in conjunction with adulticides such as Agita® which are stomach poisons with quick “knockdown” properties against adult flies.
Spectrum of control
- Larvadex® controls all those fly species which pose an economic threat to farmers involved in intensive animal production.
The benefits of using Larvadex
- Easy and convenient
- Quick acting
- Safe and reliable
- Saves time
- Saves labour