CoRouge is highly concentrated source of copper for animal feeds. Cuprous oxide or CoRouge is the mono valent form of copper oxide.
Some of the key features of CoRouge are:
- Highly bioavailable.
- Cuprous ions (Cu+) are readily absorbable by CTR1, the main copper intestinal transporter.
- Low dust content and excellent flowability.
- Easy handling in premix plants and feedmills.
- Homogeneous particle size distribution
- Even distribution in feed.
- Low level of contaminants like heavy metals.
- High copper concentration (75%) compared to Copper Sulphate (25%)
- Less transport
- Less warehousing
- Less volume in premixes
- Very low water solubility compared to copper sulphate.
- Less interaction with other minerals or vitamins in premixes
- Lower binding to phytate in the gut.
- Recognised and tested Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Less carbon footprint
- Lower impact on the environment
- Superior animal performance
- Improved FCR, ADG & Liveability through better gut microflora modulation.