Agita Fly Management
Potent ‘fly and die’ insecticide for successful fly control in animal production systems.
Agita stands out from ordinary insecticides...
- Agita is no ordinary insecticide. It is an advanced second-generation neonicotinoid, with a unique chemical structure.
- Agita is the first, and only, neonicotinoid to possess a chlorothiazole heterocycle and a novel oxadiazinane ring which means Agita exerts a differential effect on then icotinic acetylcholine receptors of flies.
- This unique chemistry makes Agita stand out from older neonicotinoids such as Imidacloprid.
Unique mode of action delivers potency
- Agita appears to act on different nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, or on different subunits of the same receptors compared to other insecticides in its class.
- Agita's advanced potency is attributed to this different mode of action at the receptor sites.
Attractive and 100% fatal formula
- Agita is a lethal cocktail of an extremely effective contact and stomach poison (thiamethoxam), a fly-attracting sexual pheromone (tricosene) and, because sucking flies are irresistibly attracted to sugary foods, a mixture of lactose and crystalline sugars.
- Agita's bright yellow colour and granulated texture are also both properties known to attract flies.
Unique Agita 1GB bait formulation
- Agita’s bait formulation is innovative and unique.
- All the constituent elements in Agita’s formula are evenly distributed in a matrix within the granules.
- So, unlike conventional bait formulations, Agita bait continues to attract and kill flies with the same efficiency for as long as the bait lasts.
Agita 10WG paint and spray formulation
- Agita’s dust free granulated 10WG formulation containing 10% thiamethoxam dissolves readily to form a milky broth suspension for easy paint or spray application.
Because Agita is specially formulated for on farm use it can be placed or applied where and how you need it:
- Scatter bait Scatter Agita 1GB in areas where flies gather and onto surfaces where flies rest.
- Station / tray bait Spread Agita 1GB evenly onto the station or tray avoiding heaps - place in areas where flies gather.
- Hang-board bait Lightly moisten one side of a board (or card) with beaten eggs, beer, cola, or starched wallpaper glue and sprinkle Agita 1GB granules onto the tacky surface. When dry, hang boards/cards in areas where flies gather.
- Spray-on bait Mix Agita 10WG with water, stir and pour the solution into a pump or compression sprayer and apply immediately onto surfaces where flies gather.
- Paint-on bait Mix Agita 10WG with water, stir in to form a broth suspension then apply onto surfaces where flies gather using a paint brush.