Butifour F and NF is a combination of calcium butyrate, calcium lactate and natural ingredients in a coated protected form that allows for easy handling in processing while also being readily active in the animal’s digestive system.
- Butyric acid is a short chain fatty acid, naturally present in high concentration in the lumen of the large intestine, mainly originating from the intestinal bacterial fermentation of plant materials
- It is preferentially taken up by the colonic epithelium where it is actively metabolized to produce energy (ATP) in addition to other functions.
The Butifour combination of products work synergistically to promote gut health in 4 key ways.
- Intestinal barrier function
- Promotes cell growth and differentiation.
- Acts as a source of energy for colonocytes
- Reinforces tight junctions (TER) in gut.
- Immune status
- Supports specific immunity functions.
- Reduces gut inflammation.
- Nutrient digestion and absorption
- Supports ion transfer and cell function.
- Stimulates digestive enzymes
- Intestinal ecosystem
- Enhances beneficial microbiome populations in the gut.
- Reduces pathogenic microflora.